After submitting your application using Enter Finland, you have to visit the Consulate General or the Application Centre in order to prove your identity and to submit your biometric data.
You need to prove your identity within three months of submitting your application.
All applicants need to visit the Consulate General or the Application Centre in person, including minors (under 18 years).
You can submit your biometric data in Visa Application Centre only if you have applied for a residence permit in Enter Finland and your residence permit category is:
an au pair
a person employed as a special expert
a self-employed person
a transfer within a company
an athlete or a coach
an employed person
or if you are a child or a spouse for a person applying for reasons above.
All other application forms need to be submitted to the Consulate General of Finland in New York or Los Angeles.
Please book appointment online
Required Documents When Visiting The Application Centre:
You need to present a valid passport or another travel document. Non-US citizen who are legal residents, need to provide proof of a valid USA visa or a Green card. If you cannot provide any proof of legal residence in the USA, please contact the Consulate General of Finland in New York or Los Angeles.
- Appointment time (all applicants must book appointment)
- Passport (travel document accepted by all Schengen countries)
- Document showing that the applicant is legally staying in the USA (visa or Green Card)
- Photograph of under 6 years old children (children under 6 years old must bring their own photo)
- Certificate of a pending online case (printed from Enter Finland e-service)
- If your spouse and/or child(ren) is submitting biometrics with you, they will need to bring the original marriage certificate and/or birth certificate to the VAC. If they have received it from other than Finnish, Swedish, Norwegian, Danish or Icelandic authorities, the certificate must be legalized by Apostille authentication. The certificates must be in Finnish, Swedish or English, or translated into one of those languages. Both the original documents and their translations must be legalized. The AC will send the certificates for verification to the Consulate General of Finland. The certificates will be returned after the residence permit decision is made. If you need original documents before that please contact the AC.
Alternatively you can book an appointment at the VFS Helpline:
HELPLINE +12122030023Previous Next