Top Button

Schedule biometrics

After submitting your application using Enter Finland, you have to visit the Embassy of Finland in Ottawa or the Application Centre in order to prove your identity and to submit your biometric data.

You need to prove your identity within three months of submitting your application.

All applicants need to visit the Embassy or the Application Centre in person, including minors (under 18 years).

You can submit your biometric data in the Application Centre only if you have applied for a residence permit in Enter Finland and your residence permit category is:

  • an au pair
  • a person employed as a special expert
  • a researcher
  • a self-employed person
  • a transfer within a company
  • an athlete or a coach
  • an employed person
  • other employment
  • studies

or if you are a child or a spouse for a person applying for reasons above.

All other application forms need to be submitted to the Embassy of Finland in Ottawa.

Required Documents When Visiting The Application Centre:

You need to present a valid passport or another travel document. Non-Canadian citizen who are legal residents, need to provide proof of a valid Canadian visa. If you cannot provide any proof of legal residence in Canada, please contact the Embassy of Finland in Ottawa.

  • Appointment time (all applicants have to book appointment)
  • Passport (travel document accepted by all Schengen countries)
  • Document showing that the applicant is legally staying in Canada (visa)
  • If applicant is minor (under 18 years old): authorization signed by both parents / legal guardians and their passport copies.
  • Photograph of under 6 years old children (children under 6 years old must bring their own photo)
  • Certificate of a pending online case (printed from Enter Finland e-service)
  • If your spouse and/or child(ren) is submitting biometrics with you they need to show a document concerning family ties.

Documents concerning family ties – for example a marriage certificate or a birth certificate – and received from other than Finnish, Swedish, Norwegian, Danish or Icelandic authorities, must be authenticated by Global Affairs Canada and legalized by the Embassy of Finland. Please view more information about legalisation.

Previous Next