Before You Apply

There are two options for applying your residence permit application: Enter Finland application and paper application. You need to choose only one of these options.

Enter Finland is only available in Finnish, Swedish and English. This means that you need to have sufficient skills in one of these languages if you wish to use the e-service. You also need to have sufficient computer skills to use this self-service channel. If you submit your application online, all attachments also have to be in an electronic format. You need to be able to log into the Enter Finland e-service also at later points in time to keep up-to-date on the processing of your matter at the Finnish Immigration Service.

If you do not feel comfortable with using a computer, please fill in a paper application as no other person can use the e-service Enter Finland on your behalf.

To prepare your documents and your application correctly please read the information on this site and visit the website of The Finnish Immigration Service to learn more about residence permit categories. This will reduce the risk of your application being incomplete or take a longer time to being processed.

The residence permit category needs to be chosen by an applicant based on the reason for coming to Finland. This decision must be made by the applicant him/herself – the RPAC staff will not be able to assist you in making this decision.

Please ensure all the required documents are ready (translated and legalised if required) before taking an appointment to the RPAC to submit your application or applying in Enter Finland e-service.

You can find application forms and a list of required documents on the website of The Finnish Immigration Service.

RPAC can receive the application only if the applicant is legally residing in Turkey on the day of submission. When you submit your application at RPAC you should provide your valid Turkish visa or residence permit to Turkey. If you are a refugee you may also present a certificate, issued by UNHCR or an authority in the country where you are staying, stating that you have been registered as a refugee or as an applicant for refugee status in the country where you submit your application. You should also have a valid passport or other travel document.

If you do not have a valid travel document, please contact the RPAC.